My Blog List

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fish

As most of you who read this blog know, my Mom is the creme de la creme of when it comes to baking and cooking. We were all blessed by this growing up. We had hot, homemade dinners a majority of the time and delicious desserts from scratch if we ate our veggies. Many of my favorite memories and life lessons were learned in the kitchen with her, with Avonlea in the background. From this, I have gained a love and talent for cooking and baking. She has made me very well prepared for all this, now that I am have a small family of my own.

However, if there is one small area in which my skills are deficient it is in the area of seafood. My Mom dislikes seafood. We never ate fish or sea life of any kind, because of this. So in this, Lester has been patient as I have experimented. Granted we live in Idaho, where sea life isn't the most abundant. But still-I've had some flops, but some major successes to. So this week when our local grocery store was having a meat sale, we bought some salmon. Last night I made an herb butter glaze for it, with a roasted garlic tomato pasta. It was delicious!

It made me think-since marrying Lester I have tried so many kinds of food I never thought I would be willing to try. Like certain filipino foods, es cargo, brazilian meats, octopus, different fruits, etc. And now fish is one of my favorite foods ever! So thanks Mom, and thanks Lester for opening my eyes up to the wonderful world of food and cuisine!

No comments:

Post a Comment