My Blog List

Monday, January 30, 2012

Nature Park

When I was going to girls camp, I remember one of the leaders talking about Joseph Smith and his experience in the Sacred Grove [if you have any questions about that feel free to call or ask me]. We were out in the woods, and he said that everyone should have their own 'sacred grove'. A place to reflect on the smallest and deepest thoughts and feelings of our hearts, and place to be alone or with the people we love and God.

Through out my life, I haven't had one single place for this. I've lived several places within the past few years and every time I have found a special place to do this. Most of the times I went alone, but now that I am married I have some one I can go with.
Lately, I think we've felt a little stuck in neutral. Or at least, maybe that is just me, but I feel like right now, I can't move forward, and I can't go back. We aren't like the freshly married rose colored glasses people, wanting to either be alone 24/7 or partying it up with everyone. But we don't have kids yet, so were not quite there yet either. I don't know-its just hard to find our place.

So yesterday, after church we went for a walk at Nature Park. Lester wanted to test out his new camera, but it was nice just walking and being able to reflect on this part of our lives and where were at. Its nice to know that even though we may not relate with a ton of other people, we relate with each other and that's all we need. So we decided that we would make more time to just be the two of us, and not focus so much on having parties and hanging out with other people. This is our time, and we are just going to enjoy it to the fullest. I'm grateful for the places and times of quiet reflection in this roller coaster life of ours.


[As silly as this sounds, I had never thought about pine cones growing on pine trees. But look here are some real ones!]


[The crazy part is this is a typically a little lake/giant pond when its not frozen over!]
[See, you can see the parts where the ice isn't as thick..normally that is a little island in the middle!]



1 comment: