This year, Lester and I have decided to make more of an effort to do actual, planned FHE [as you may have seen in the past few weeks]. In that past, we've either winged it and thrown something together at the last second, or just forgotten altogether. But no more of that!
So last night, it was my turn to do the lesson and activity. Lately, I've been substitute teaching at the local middle school and in art class, we've been learning something that I thought would be fun to implement for the night!
So first, we read an article together about the importance of keeping the right perspective in the good times and bad. And then we drew pictures using the techniques that they had gone over in art class of perspective! In the end, we both had rather respectable cities drawn. It was fun to see the look of concentration on Lester's face and the excitement he got out of showing me his pictures! He always told me that in primary [elementary] school the teacher told him he was the best colorer. And now I see that he even has a knack for art! Haha its fun learning more about each other no matter how much time has past!
We ended the night with dessert of mini gooey cookie pies. It was fun, delicious, and enlightening. Go Team!
PS: I would've posted out actual pictures, and maybe I will someday but I don't know how to use our scanner printer thingy, and Lester isn't here. Haha..maybe teaching me how to use our electronics will be our next FHE lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment