My Blog List

Sunday, January 1, 2012

No More Looking Back

I know, I know, I have been a bad blogger...but we are heading back to Rexburg on Tuesday, and I will pick up a more regular routine, with blog posts and pictures galore. Especially holiday ones.

I have to admit though, in heading back to Rexburg, it is hard not to be a little sad. I will miss my family and my friends here. I will miss the weather, and the nature here, beaches and woods. Its hard when I'm in Rexburg not to think about these things, and reminisce when I here the song, 'I left my heart in San Francisco'.

But you know what? I'm done with that! My family and I watched this video and it totally put things into perspective for me! My heart is wherever Lester is, because he is my present. In talking to him about this new year, he said that all he wants is for me to happy. But I realize now that in order to do that, I can't live in the past.

Don't get me wrong-the past is important. It has made us who we are today and brought us to this present. The future is too-its exciting and scary to think about the blank slate that we have yet to write on. But if I am constantly wishing I was somewhere else, or worrying too much for the future, I won't have time to enjoy the present. And I ain't doing that no more son!

I don't want to always be looking back. I love my life and I love Lester and he is my home now. The bay area will always be a part of me, and a part of my heart will always be here, especially as long as my family is, b/c they are part of my past, present and future. But I am living in the now-this year is going to be one of the best yet because I am going to be 100% present in it, living, loving and enjoying it till this time next year.

No more looking back. 2012..its going DOWN!



1 comment:

  1. Julia, as long as I have known you, I have always marvelled at your ability to be so joyous in the moment. It even shows in your pictures the way you're so energetic and smiley. This resolve is no surprise, then, and thank you for the reminder! I love how in-love you and Lester are, too, by the way. You and your family have done such a marvelous job of shaping you! And even though I don't really know Lester, I think he must be great--he looks sincere and sincerely in love with you in your pictures and then of course, I trust your judgment. Good for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete